Monday, October 3, 2011

Born in 1899 - my Gran when she was a young woman




I've been overseas recently to attend my son's wedding. It was quick trip - just four weeks and as I wanted to keep up my portrait work, I took a very old photo of my grandmother along with me to work on whenever I had a moment.

I was only intending to do a rough draft of this portrait - it was more a means of 'getting to know you' than a finished item. However, it seemed to grow a life of it's own during those four weeks away.

I love how it turned out, even though I still feel it could have been better.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning, those eyes are just perfect! They truly are the window to the soul and she had a beautiful one, well done Mam another beautiful piece you just keep on pushing yourself and I love that!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete